Beaumont Breast Centre
Beaumont Hospital provides a high quality service which addresses all aspects of care for women affected by breast disease.
- Incorporates evidenced-based practice
- Is delivered by a multidisciplinary team skilled and sensitive to the needs of women
- Is provided in a dedicated Symptomatic Breast Unit that
- Allows for rapid diagnosis
- Provides patients with a setting that is appropriate and accessible
- Ensures breast complaints will be dealt with in a timely fashion, with due regard to safety, comfort, and dignity
The Symptomatic Breast Unit serves north county Dublin and the north Leinster region. The breast clinics see up to 5000 out patients with various breast problems and diagnoses each year and we treat over 200 breast cancers per year.
We have a weekly meeting with members of the multidisciplinary team (surgeons, radiologists, pathologists, specialist nurses and researchers) where a care pathway is discussed and planned for each patient.