The Portering service ensures that all wards and departments are effectively and efficiently serviced.
We provide the following ancillary services:
- Co-ordination and organisation of patient movement throughout the Hospital, i.e. X-Ray, Out Patients, Wards and other departments
- Collection, sorting and delivery of post throughout the Hospital
- Refuse collection
- Pharmacy distribution
- Designated Theatre Porters, X-Ray Porters and transport of patients
- The provision of audio-visual projection and slide projection facilities for all lectures, conferences and tutorials throughout the Hospital
Our services are available 24 hours/day, 365 days a year.
The service can be accessed by:
- Calling in person (the office is near the front entrance, off the main corridor)
- Telephone: (01) 809 2140 and (01) 852 8129