St. Joseph’s Hospital Campus - Discharge arrangements
When you have been made aware of your discharge date and time, please inform relatives in advance so arrangements can be made for transport home.
On the day of discharge you will be given, as applicable:
- A prescription for your medication.
- Instructions for follow up care.
- Arrangement for an outpatient appointment.
If you are unable to keep this appointment please, notify the relevant Consultant's Secretary (the telephone number will be provided).
If you have any problems following your discharge, we would advise you to:
- Contact St. Joseph's Hospital at (01) 877 4900 and liase with the Nursing Staff.
- Contact your G.P.
- Attend the Accident and Emergency Department of your local hospital.